Tonight Andrew and I are spending time with some friends at their new house, and I thought I’d whip up some brownies because, who doesn’t love brownies? (Crazy people, that’s who.) The funny thing about this recipe is that I got it from a friend from church who doesn’t like chocolate. The way I see it, more chocolate for the rest of us!
Mad’s Heavenly Brownies
1 2/3 c sugar
3/4 c butter
2 tbsp. water
1 1/3 c flour
3/4 c cocoa powder
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the eggs, water, and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 pan with aluminum foil and grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill the pan with the batter and bake for 20 minutes, or until the center of the brownie pan is firm.
Enjoy! I know we will!